I guess I don't understand public requests

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

bhjmom

I guess I don't understand public requests

Post by bhjmom »

I am fairly new to CC, but I think I may not understand public requests. Since it seems to take a long time to get articles approved, how can I ever respond to these public requests in a timely manner?

CC
Debbi

Re: I guess I don't understand public requests

Post by Debbi »

Articles submitted to a public request are reviewed as soon as possible to give the customer the largest number of articles to choose from. Turnaround time is usually 24 hours or less (depending on the volume of public requests). The articles that are not public requests go to the end of the line.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

bhjmom: When submitting an article to a public request, make sure that you are selecting "for public request" in the drop down box under Title. Also, as a new author, I think you may have to have at least 1 other article approved before you can submit to a request...not sure on this. Generally, as long as you are certain to mark it as a public request, and for which one, the approval time will only be about a day at the most. I have even had articles approved within an hour after submitting them. In addition, the editor, Ed, was on vacation last week and his assistant has been filling in for him. I submitted 4 or 5 this week for public requests and the assistant did an excellent job in reviewing them in a timely manner. The articles that are not for public request generally take some time to be reviewed however.
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

It is also worth being noted that public requests are usually open for a decent amount of time. I think buyers do this to be able to choose the best articles submitted.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Any new author can submit to public requests. After all the buyer does not see the article until it passes full review. There is a restriction on contacting customers until you have at least one article approved - a spam prevention feature.