Article rejected because of formatting - why?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dmgray

Article rejected because of formatting - why?

Post by dmgray »

Hi,

I recently had an article titled "Why a Gift Card Makes the Perfect Choice" rejected. The reason offered was 'Please follow all formatting guidelines".

I am not sure what this means. Does it mean the document type, font and font size? That is what I assumed and what has confused me.

The article was a word 97 .doc file with 12 pt arial font as CC specifies. I have submitted other articles using the same format and had no problems.

I have looked at the article itself and cannot see any other reason for rejection.

Please help, I am new to CC and am still learning!

Thanks

Darren
Lysis

Re: Article rejected because of formatting - why?

Post by Lysis »

you mentioned the font, but did you set line spacing? It needs to be single spaced with double-spacing between paragraphs. If you have Word 2007, you need to change the font and the line spacing for each document.
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

As far as I can tell the line spacing was fine. Single line spacing seems to be the default, or maybe I set it up that way sometime back. I am fairly positive there was no issue with line spacing, however I will check again. The article I sent in that was rejected was identical in format to the other 6 articles that I have had accepted with no problems.

It is very confusing and I really do not know what to do about fixing an issue so vague. The editorial comment was less than helpful...why can't they just say problem with font, problem with spacing etc. Would make edits a whole lot easier!

Thanks for your reply.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Articles rejected for formatting are rejected because they are submitted in a font type and size not in accordance with our guidelines. If you can just make sure this article follows our guidelines and save it that way before resubmitting, it should be fine.

Thanks,
Ed
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

It could be a few copied words that are in the wrong font size. Highlight the whole article and look if it shows the font name and size. If not you've got an issue. Just set it all to 12 point. Does not sound to serious.
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Thanks for all the advice. I checked and it was all in 12pt arial. Not sure what happened, maybe a glitch. I will resubmit and hopefully everything will be ok this time. Cheers!