Waiting 10 days for approval?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

henryzurich

Waiting 10 days for approval?

Post by henryzurich »

I'm new to Constant Content, though not to online web writing sites. My first and only submission to CC was rejected as I did not include 1/3 of the article as a preview. I rectified the problem and resubmitted immeditately. That was April 9. The article is still under review. I have also emailed but have heard nothing. Is this usual practice? I understand that editors are busy but I'd like a clue as to how long the process usually takes, especially with articles that may be time-sensitive.
nichewriter

Re: Waiting 10 days for approval?

Post by nichewriter »

Try using the online contact form this time around. In my experience, emailing support stopped working (at least for me) 6 or 7 months ago so I've been using the contact form on the site to communicate issues. Reviewing/approval of articles that aren't submitted for public requests can take anywhere from less than a day to 14 days (maybe more), although for most, 4 or 5 days is typical. We've only got one Ed, and I'm not sure if the second Ed-in-training is still around and reviewing articles...

Welcome to CC!

~Sherry
henryzurich

Post by henryzurich »

Thank you Sherry. I appreciate the info about normal wait times and a better contact route.
rcolby7400

Post by rcolby7400 »

I too am new to cc and I just got my first article approved today. It took about 11 days. I did contact cc through the form after a week and they were really nice to email me and let me know it was almost through with the second Editor. I am so happy to have it accepted and can't wait to write more.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Second editor?

10 or 11 days seems like a long time, but I've had an article into seed.com for almost a month now. I've written to support there twice now because their FAQ says they will review within 5-7 days, but they just keep telling me they will get to it as soon as they can. Also I just submitted something to another site that states their review time is 6 to 10 weeks! So 10 to 11 days looks pretty good compared to those situations.

CC is usually pretty speedy, especially with public or private requests. And the better the author gets at self-editing, the faster the rewview process can zip along.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Please continue to write support@constant-content.com. It is a busy site and sometimes things fall through the cracks. Despite what some disgruntled members of the community profess we review all articles in a timely manner given that we touch each piece that moves through to the site. We try to answer all support questions immediately upon receiving them.

Cheers,

Constant
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Constant wrote:Despite what some disgruntled members of the community profess we review all articles in a timely manner given that we touch each piece that moves through to the site.
I agree with Constant on this one. It's very rare that my articles remain in the review pile for more than a week. I don't do public requests and the fastest acceptance I've gotten for a regular article sub is 2 hours, and on average, acceptance of my articles takes no more than 2 days. If I submit an article or two the night before, they're usually approved the next day. I appreciate the work Ed does and it does help if you get better at self-editing. Overall, I don't sweat over when my articles are going to get reviewed because Ed will get to them sooner or later - I simply move on to the next articles :D

~Sherry
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

Here's my experience. In fact your article did get looked at in under 10 days but was rejected which means often that not only will the editor not proceed with other items in your review pile, but you lose your place in the queue. That is, unless it is written for a request which may bump it up. Recently I had simple errors in an article request and I returned it within fifteen minutes with the changes and it was read and approved right away.

Requested items are not always checked quickly enough but quicker than non-requested items. I've written for a request and submitted the next day and then it sits unfortunately and the buyer buys someone elses that got reviewed. I've also written many non-requests and they sit for several days.

Probably makes a difference of the deluge the editors have at the time.