Accepted an Offer...then it disappeared?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jkllewthor

Accepted an Offer...then it disappeared?

Post by jkllewthor »

Hi Everyone,

I've just made my second sale on Constant-Content! However, having refused the initial offer, and then accepted the customer's higher offer, I've noticed to my concern and worry that this second offer has completely disappeared from my 'Received Offers' box. Has something gone wrong?

Thanks,

JK Llewthor
dmgray

Re: Accepted an Offer...then it disappeared?

Post by dmgray »

This may be a stupid question and if so I apoligize! Have you checked your sales section? Maybe if the offer was accepted and the customer made a quick payment it has been credited as a sale. Otherwise I am stumped!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

It seems that once you accept an offer it should disappear. The deal is done right.
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

Not quite done, once you've accepted an offer, the buyer still has to come back and make the purchase.

As for the original poster's question, I'm really not sure, sorry.
jkllewthor

Post by jkllewthor »

It's a very odd thing to happen - I'm concerned that some kind of technical glitch maybe lost the offer in translation. I've checked the 'accepted' area of my offers section and it, apparently, is empty. Very weird.

Is there any way to get in touch directly with an Editor?

Thanks
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Send email to support@constant-content.com

Or you can use the contact form under the help tab.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Nessiee wrote:Not quite done, once you've accepted an offer, the buyer still has to come back and make the purchase.

As for the original poster's question, I'm really not sure, sorry.
What I said could be confusing. Once you accept an offer your part is done. Why would the offer stick around on the offer tab once you accept it?
jak

Post by jak »

[quote]Once you accept an offer your part is done. Why would the offer stick around on the offer tab once you accept it?[/quote]

I don't know why, but they do. Three time the same customer has offered for an article of mine, but not purchased. I'm not in the same time zone and I assume that, by the time I have accepted it he's found soemthing else. All three of those accepted offers remain in the box. Offers only seem to disappear if the customer completes the purchase.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

JK--have you checked the article where it's listed under "My Content"? If the buyer has added your article to the shopping cart but the purchase has not yet been completed, it will say "waiting." It doesn't show up as sold yet but I believe it does disappear from the "Received Offers" section when this happens.
jkllewthor

Post by jkllewthor »

Thankd for the help guys - luckily I got an Email to confirm that the sale has gone through - I guess the offer just randomly disappeared - still no trace of it on the offers tab but the sale has been credited, so it's all good.

Now time to try and sell a third....