Usage Vs. Full Rights

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

eliza490

Usage Vs. Full Rights

Post by eliza490 »

I had some questions about the difference between usage and full rights. Usage has been described as borrowing the article and you can sell it multiple times. If I understand the Full Rights license correctly you cannot use it more than once. So if someone buys it at Full Rights price would the article be removed right away or do you have the responsibility of removing the article from the site yourself?

~Eliza
Celeste Stewart

Re: Usage Vs. Full Rights

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi, CC removes it automatcally.
eliza490

Post by eliza490 »

Okay, thank you!
~Eliza
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I look at selling Full Rights like selling a piece of real estate. It's sold, gone and the buyer can do anything they want to the property.
Selling Usage Rights is like renting out a property. The Buyer can use the article once with restrictions but they don't own it, I still own it. I can let other people use it for a fee (or free) or use it myself. I just can sell it for Full Rights because I've let go some rights already.
jak

Post by jak »

Hi jd - rather a crucial error in your last sentence - can instead of can't. LOL
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I don't proof my forum posts. I leave the occasional error in to help everyone practice their proofreading skills. :D This question reminded me of a blog post I was planning to write on copyright and rights to articles. Thanks for the inspiration.