Trying to Re-Submit

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WriterGurl

Trying to Re-Submit

Post by WriterGurl »

Hello,

I am new here and I submitted my first article today which, of course, got rejected… :(

The e-mail says that I need to revise it before it can get accepted - the reason for rejection was that the article did not follow the guidelines.

I realized my mistake (using first person POV) and so I re-wrote the article.

I was trying to submit it, but now I get the message: Uh Oh, This Submission is Not Complete. This Title is Already Registered!

Is there something I am missing here? Can I not revise and re-submit my article? Or is there something else?

Can someone please help / guide me?

WriterGurl
WriterGurl

Re: Trying to Re-Submit

Post by WriterGurl »

Ah OK.. just stumbled on to another post where another writer had a similar problem.. so I changed the name of the article and re-submitted and it went through!
Phew!
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

That's a little strange. I thought once an article's rejected it gets purged from the system, so that title should have been available again. Was the article for a request? Maybe someone used the same title between the time yours was rejected and the time you resubmitted.
WriterGurl

Post by WriterGurl »

I guess that is what might have happened.. coz when I changed the name, I could re-submit the article.

Yes, the article was for a public request….
rosefiend

Post by rosefiend »

I've had this happen to me already. If the same title is already out there in CC-land, then you can't use it again. All you have to do is change the title of the piece you're submitting and you're fine. (That is, as long as your new title isn't the same as something *else* out there as well.) :mrgreen: