Can I Reuse my own content?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

lgendrot

Can I Reuse my own content?

Post by lgendrot »

Silly question I suppose, but I have searched through both the forums and the FAQ's and Tutorials and I cannot seem to find a concise answer to this question.

So, am I able to use content that I've written for constant content, provided that I've opted for just usage rights? Do I need to wait until the content has been accepted before I use it somewhere else?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if there's a very obvious place where this answer is placed.
jadedragon

Re: Can I Reuse my own content?

Post by jadedragon »

Yes you can use content elsewhere that you only offer for usage. In fact if I get a usage only sale here, I leave it to sell again but I also take that content and post it up for revenue sharing elsewhere.

You can also post suitable content for usage only sale that you have already published elsewhere. Be sure that you have the same byline elsewhere if you submit the content here after publishing it elsewhere. This way the Editor can verify you did not rip it off someone else.

Generally most buyers here are looking for fresh unique content. It may be hard to rework a piece for CC, so you may find it easier just to create new articles for CC.
lgendrot

Re: Can I Reuse my own content?

Post by lgendrot »

Thanks for the response!

Good, I'm glad I can post some of my usage only stuff on revenue sharing sites :D