Worried about Getting 3 Rejections...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

FaithHershman

Worried about Getting 3 Rejections...

Post by FaithHershman »

So, I've been a member here as an author for awhile but I never needed to use my account here because I wrote for my own sites. Those sites I've since discontinued (Long Story) and decided to fly under the radar to make my money online writing perhaps for constant content. So I went through all my unpublished stuff, cleaned some things up and submitted 3 articles to constant-content.

I'm worried because I had one article rejected REALLY quickly (apparently it was already archived on the web! WOOPS!) My other two articles are still pending review and the longer they are pending for review the more worried I get that they will get rejected. I was reading Celeste's E-book on Constant Content and was just wondering... if all three articles get rejected, that'll be three strikes against my account. Will they close my account because I'm a new writer who 'hasn't learned'?

I know the other two articles pending review are unique, I double checked them. They are likely to get rejected for one reason or another. As Celeste's book says your first article is likely to need revision.

I got excited and published three articles to here, but now I'm wondering would it be tactful to take one down from the review line so I don't get my account closed if both get rejected?

I already have one strike, I could easily obtain two more by default with these first attempts at this? I wouldn't want another income stream closed to me. I already had to physically close down my Google Adsense Account and all personal websites. So its getting harder or is MUCH harder to earn the money I need online.

Anyway at this point I'm just babbling.... Hopefully there is an answer to this complex question.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Worried about Getting 3 Rejections...

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi Faith,
First, deep breath. Next, realize that the three strikes rule is subjective. If the rejections are minor newbie mistakes, you shouldn't have a problem. Since these articles sound like they have been used elsewhere, it's tricky. It must be clear to the editors that the articles are indeed yours. Also, if that's the case, you can only ask usage rights. Here's what I would do: remove the two in review for now and write two brand new articles from scratch. That way, you don't have any potential issues as far as originality is concerned and you can ask full rights. Besides, writing an article with CC's unique guidelines in mind is more likely to yield results than trying to make something not necessarily conformant work here.
Let me know if you need a second set of eyes. I'm happy to look over your articles before you submit them.
FaithHershman

Post by FaithHershman »

Hey Celeste!

Thanks for the QUICK response!

(I bought your Ebook BTW if you hadn't noticed :P)

I think I'll take your advice, and remove the articles; one was written like 3days prior to deciding to use it for Constant Content and I know for a fact that unless someone else copied and pasted the document from my desktop on my personal computer that it is not posted anywhere else. According to copyscape the other one is not on the net at all either.

Either way, I think I'll take the articles down, review them myself and perhaps even send them to you to get a second pair of eyes on them...

Any issue with them should be pretty minor. I'll zap you a message in a few! :)

~Faith
Celeste Stewart

Okay, I'll be in touch in the morning.
FaithHershman

Post by FaithHershman »

Sounds good....

By the way how do I get in touch? Where should I send a message to?
Celeste Stewart

Go to the main CC site and look me up under the Author's section. You can send a message by looking at my profile.
FaithHershman

Post by FaithHershman »

I just sent you message :) Thanks for taking the time to help Celeste! :)
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Celeste is great... and so is her book.
FaithHershman

Post by FaithHershman »

Yah Celeste is amazing... I still got my article rejected.... I think I'm up to two rejections now............ really hoping this next time I don't get rejected........ if I do, I'm super worried my account will be shut down. Hopefully not though! We shall see. Only time will tell. I'm really working hard on my article. I'm pretty sure its perfect now and I corrected all the mistakes. I had celeste look it over the first time I submitted it and the second time I didn't feel like she needed to look at it, that it'd be a waste of HER time because it was a simple comma issue that needed to be fixed. Since Celeste already looked at my article indepth and because I'm pretty sure I got all the comma errors, I'm PRETTY sure it'll get accepted unless there is something else there that I didn't notice and that celeste didn't notice that ED will pick up on. I'm just hoping if there is something else, I don't get slammed and closed down for "Not Learning" but hey a part of me feels that by posting here ED might see and he just MIGHT see that I'm working hard to learn. I promise my article grammar is a whole lot better than the Grammar seen here!

Its somewhat frustrating, I can get accepted to one of the top public colleges in America based off of GPA and a personal statement that ONLY I edited but I can't get a 500 word article edited by two people accepted here on Constant-Content, I'll admit its annoying. BUT it can only help me learn some more Grammar if anything.

Who knows maybe top public American schools aren't really expecting good grammar? It never fails to confuse me. All my professors say I have perfect grammar when writing formally however, I come here and get slammed for it. Again it just makes me wonder if standards here are too high or if my schools standards are too low.

*shrug* oh wells......

/complaint thats not really a complaint more of an observation and stuffs.

PS: If you want to know where I attend school send me a private msg and I'll tell you.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Relax, you are going to do fine. Web writing at CC is different than academic writing. Rejections for simple comma usage is not going to get you bounced. Writing her will make you a better writer.