How to find the best health insurance We accept only complet

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jayp

How to find the best health insurance We accept only complet

Post by jayp »

I submitted this article which I NEVER published elsewhere. It did have links which might account for the comment "We accept only completely original content." I've been an active agent, financial planner and stockbroker from 1979 until my retirement 2007. I used no outside sources to write this article but did provide links to support the data. I am at a loss how this was rejected for the reason: We accept only completely original content. It is all original.
jadedragon

Re: How to find the best health insurance We accept only complet

Post by jadedragon »

Well links are a no no. Maybe the rejection was for the wrong reason? Did you use long quotes? That can set off the alarms.
jayp

Post by jayp »

I included no quotes. As I said, I've had almost 30 years in the business and simply wrote it as I'd say it to clients. I resubmitted and left off the bottom section that had references. If it comes back unoriginal, I'd like to know where it was published. Is there a way we can do that?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Try running your text through Plagium.com.
jayp

Post by jayp »

That did the trick. It seems it was worded very closely to another author, J P Whickson. Their article was written a while back. That makes sense since my other penname is JP Whickson. I did have some of the same wording in the article. Gosh, I forgot all about the article, it's been that long ago.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, that happens, especially if you find yourself saying the same things to clients. Sounds like you inadvertently plagiarized yourself. Fortunately, it also sounds like the editor recognized the matching pen names or realized that the similar phrases weren't full blown plagiarism. I'd rewrite from a different perspective and try again. Good luck!