Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii

New writer to CC, introduce yourself here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

wordchaser

Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii

Post by wordchaser »

Hi. My name is Cindy. Aloha to all the writers on this marvelous forum.

Joseph Campbell once said, "follow your bliss," and that is what I've decided to do - I am freelancing full time :shock: for the first time in my life at age 53! I have a B.A. in journalism and have a modicum of print and web experience, but most of my life has been spent working with lawyers (sigh) as a legal assistant.

I've been soaking up the wisdom of the authors on this forum. It seems as if everyone is enthusiastic in their support of one another and very serious about the craft of writing. I've taken full advantage of the teaching tools, suggestions, and tutorials on this site and am anxious to begin writing for CC.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

l/Wordchaser
Debbi

Re: Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii

Post by Debbi »

Welcome, Cindy, from a fellow 50-something who became a fulltime freelance writer late in life. It's splendiferous!

Debbi
wordchaser

Post by wordchaser »

Hi Debbie, and thank you.

I notice you live in New Mexico. I lived in Tijeras for several years before moving to Hawaii.
Love that green chile!

So glad to meet you and to know you have been successful and happy as a freelancer.

l/wordchaser
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Ah, I live in the country just north of Belen. My mom was just here from California and I tried to get her some green chile beef jerky to take home but everyone was out! She went back home already so guess I will have to ship her some :)

I played on Waikiki Beach in 1964 at the end of an around-the-world tour. I haven't been back there since but I have been to Maui and Kuai several times. Hawaii is such a beautiful place. I do love my Land of Enchantment, but I love visiting Hawaii when I can.