Why does my article need revision?

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Rashmi

Why does my article need revision?

Post by Rashmi »

My article "Vodafone's Zuzu Ad - a Classic Oligopolistic Product" was rejected since it needs revision. Can you elaborate or give me the reasons or guidelines how I can revise it
jadedragon

Re: Why does my article need revision?

Post by jadedragon »

What did your notice say?
Rashmi

Post by Rashmi »

I got am email reply saying that "We accept only completely original content". My article is original, I have written it myself and has also been published on another website under my name. Then why does it need revision?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Were you asking full or unique rights? You can only ask for usage rights if the article appears elsewhere.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

If the article appears elsewhere it must clearly show the same byline here and there. Another risk is that someone has lifted your article and republished it elsewhere without your consent. For a number of reasons, most authors have more success just writing a fresh article for CC rather than reworking something published elsewhere. Buyers here are mostly looking for unique content as well.

In your case this unusual article title comes up as published on multiple "free to use" article sites and reposted on over 200 other sites. Even IF you are the original author there is no way to verify that. CC has no use for this kind of article. Why would a buyer pay CC to use an article they can have for free on articlebase?