"Tips format?"

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

BerryMac

"Tips format?"

Post by BerryMac »

Can someone please explain what "tips format" would be? I'm interested in responding to a couple of the public requests but am unsure what is wanted.

The article lengths requested are extremely short to begin with.

Does this mean the requester just wants a few brief ideas in point format, or what? And would that be accepted by Ed?

Thanks,
Rebecca
AmyT

Re: "Tips format?"

Post by AmyT »

Hey Rebecca!

I just submitted an article for one of these requests and formatted my article like this:

Opener (50-60 words)
("...thankfully, we have a few tips to help us out!!!")

Body One: Tip One (50-60 words)

Body Two: Tip Two (50-60 words)

Conclusion (30-40 words)
("So, you can do it after all!")

I took the "tips" to mean that they didn't want step by step procedures or philosophical musings....

Hope that helps!

Amy

Ps: Ed accepted my article (within like 15 minutes! -- thanks, Ed!). I have heard it discussed on other threads that the main thing is to keep "fluff" out of the article and write succinctly -- cramming lots of good information into a short article.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Rebecca: I submitted 7 or 8 articles to a couple of the different requests placed by that client. My articles were very similar to the format Amy described. It looks as though the client is looking for a basic blog post to drive traffic to his website perhaps. These were very simple, and good pay for articles that take no more than a few minutes to write! I would encourage you to submit as many as you can come up with. If this client doesn't purchase them, it is likely another will or the client will come back later in search of more articles! According to the purchasing rate, it is a regular client who has purchased over 50 articles, so it is very likely he/she will be back! Good luck!
BerryMac

Post by BerryMac »

Thanks!

Yes, I did end up submitting a few. The price seems a little high for what he/she wants, but hey - if that's what (s)he's willing to pay, that's fine.

I'm just waiting now for some sales..joined on the 12th, sold the second article I wrote, and since then (a total of 20 articles submitted), no sales. But I'll keep banging them out. I've read it's a good idea to respond to the request, because, as aprilk10 said, someone else will buy them. And I'm glad that they give me ideas for articles. I love C-C!