How many writers does CC have?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

VeronicaM

How many writers does CC have?

Post by VeronicaM »

I'm curious as to how many writers are there working for Constant Content? Does anyone know?
Antonia

Re: How many writers does CC have?

Post by Antonia »

The About page says 30,000, but I don't know how current that figure is.
http://www.constant-content.com/about/about-us.htm

Also, I imagine the number of people with an account is quite different from the number of writers actively submitting work.
WordCraft

Post by WordCraft »

I joined a couple of months ago or so and my af ref is in the 39900s, so I'd imagine there's at least 40,000 registered. How many actually actively submit articles? Probably just a few hundred, I'm not sure.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

You can kind of figure out where you stand relatively by looking at the authors list. I don't know if there's a way of seeing the whole list and the number of documents each author has, but if you just type an 'e' or an 'a' into the author search box you get a list of names containing either of those letters. Obviously this doesn't cover every single registered author, but perhaps 60 - 80% of them - this is just a figure I've pulled out of thin air. Anyway, (stay with me here), you get your long list of authors' names and you can see how far down the list you are. I have only 14 articles to my name and yet I am in the top 20% of the list. Or rather, the list of names with an 'e' in them! I gauged this by looking at the scroll down bar, then took out my measuring tape... no only kidding, but you get a rough idea. This is obviously only an activity for those who enjoy time-wasting and are slightly obsessive!

To sum up my very scientific findings( :roll: ), if an author has written 3 articles, they will find themselves in the top 50% of active writers - very encouraging don't you think! If a writer has 50 articles, they will be in the top 10%. I guess this means that most of those 40,000 have penned one article or less.

Of course, this has nothing to with how many articles an author has actually sold, but you get my drift ....I hope!
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

What a great little hack, Jaye!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I've been actively writing about CC and have about 50 people sign up. Only about 5 have ever had at least one article accepted, and 3 of those have sales. This group may not reflect the whole universe of accounts very well, but if only 10% of all accounts bother to even submit and get articles accepted, the universe of active writers is truly very small indeed.