Client...banned or not?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cherylannej

Client...banned or not?

Post by cherylannej »

Now, somewhere in Forums (not sure where...I've read so many!) I'm sure I've read a long thread about customer 'Markbanovich' having been banned from CC for making inappropriate suggestions (about articles) direct to writers....it was a very serious exchange and he had reportedly indulged in some appalling behavior. I am shocked to see his name still on the Request list for 'business articles' and it hasn't yet expired. What if writers are preparing submissions for a rogue who has no real buying intent?
jadedragon

Re: Client...banned or not?

Post by jadedragon »

well "ban" is in his name...
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Guilty! Although I didn't specifically write one for him I did have one in inventory that fit his request so I submitted it to the request. Guess that means I won't be hearing a yay from that direction. I'm glad I only post partial articles in the summary because I'd be worried if I'd let him see the whole thing. I didn't get the $4 email so I didn't know there was an issue with him.

Funny thing is I might have even read the thread but not remembered the name or connected the dots. Ah well, no time wasted so it's okay.
ProlificScribe

Post by ProlificScribe »

Sharion wrote:Guilty! I'm glad I only post partial articles in the summary because I'd be worried if I'd let him see the whole thing.
Is it better to post partial articles in the summary? I used to post partial articles in the summary, then I decided perhaps for a public request I'd post the full article for their perusal.

I'm not terribly comfortable posting full articles in the summary, even though I can always change the summary if an article doesn't sell.

I wonder if it's best to post partial summaries.

My inquiring mind wants to know.

-Tara
Constant

Post by Constant »

Its all taken care of now.

David Kool
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

Tara,

I think you'll find the panel divided on full or partial. When I came here I studied the profiles of several of the more successful writers here for the answer to that very question and discovered that some of them post full and some of them post partial.

You are more likely to sell quicker with a full from what I've read in the forums but you can still be successful either way.

I have a very high paranoia level. People come to me looking for the best worst case scenario in a given situation. In order to stay in my comfort zone I opted for partial. I'd probably sell more if I went the other way.

My advice? Try it one way and then the other and see which one works best for you. There just isn't a right or wrong answer.

Sharion
ProlificScribe

Post by ProlificScribe »

Thanks Sharion for replying.

I sold my first submission with a partial summary, but have since switched to full summaries.

I'll make note of how my articles sell now with full summaries. At the same time, I am a little concerned about my work being pilfered.

Thanks again.

-Tara
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Looks like "customer" markbanovich is back...beware the pumpkin article. To be fair, it MAY NOT be the same guy....but pretty coincidental don't you think? :-) He has a purchase rating of 0, so he apparently never purchased the last time...
cherylannej

Post by cherylannej »

OH!

Clearly we don't want to be wasting time writing articles for rogues when we have already been assured that they have been kicked out. It's not even as if he has rejoined under a different name?

I assume also that it's a simple matter for the buyers to read these forums and keep abreast of what our buyer issues are...which probably wouldn't be a bad thing but I wonder how many do get to read these posts? Or do we have to have submissions accepted before we can access the author forums, I really can't remember.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you look at the request, you'll see this odd phrase:
Use relevant keywords and keyphrases in your title and throughout your content and be sure to search our vast library to make sure your title is original
but no reference to where to check the so-called vast library. Sounds like it's copied and pasted from an assignment site such as Demand, Seed, AC etc... (Actually, AC uses similar wording on their assignment desk assignments). There's no way it makes sense to pay someone $100-$150 dollars to ghostwrite an AC assignment that pays little to nothing. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he's looking for articles in the $1.00 to $1.50 range. Either way, this request seems fishy.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

cherylannej wrote:OH!

Clearly we don't want to be wasting time writing articles for rogues when we have already been assured that they have been kicked out. It's not even as if he has rejoined under a different name?

I assume also that it's a simple matter for the buyers to read these forums and keep abreast of what our buyer issues are...which probably wouldn't be a bad thing but I wonder how many do get to read these posts? Or do we have to have submissions accepted before we can access the author forums, I really can't remember.
Anyone can join this forum, including spammers. :evil: