First time

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

SMCarson

First time

Post by SMCarson »

Hi everyone,

I received my first email back from CC today with some revision required on my first submission. It says it "requires revision" and gives some really good advice and links. If the article was rejected, as you speak of here, would it use the words 'rejected' at all or just give advice on how to fix it and resubmit? Just wondering if there is a difference between the rejection I got and a full-out rejection :roll:

I am spending WAY too much time editing this one article, but I know it's all good practice! Just wondering though, when I resubmit it, do I just submit as if it is a new article or do the editors know to expect to my rewrite?

Just curious.... TIA!
Celeste Stewart

Re: First time

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I think they changed the wording so that it doesn't sound so harsh (revision request vs. rejection) but I'm not sure if there are two categories.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Just submit your revision like it's a new article. The editors have good memories :) I'm pretty sure the eds usually stop reading when they find a good-sized error so be sure to check your article thoroughly for any other problems it might have.
SMCarson

Post by SMCarson »

Thanks for the advice, I resubmitted it and it got accepted. I just had another one accepted too and it feels sooo good! This is a great new addiction for me :D