Title change

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CharlotteAndrews

Title change

Post by CharlotteAndrews »

Is there any way to change an article's title without pulling it down and then re-submitting it? I hesitate to bother Ed & co. if I'm only changing the title. How can I let them know the content they already approved hasn't been touched?

I ask because I have an article with, no joke, zero hits. It's a good article. The title was supposed to be "cute." That was a mistake. It's bad and doesn't even make sense. It was very late when I finished the article and submitted it.

FYI: if I had listened to Ed's advice to wait between finishing an article and submitting it, then I wouldn't cringe every time I go to My Content and see this title.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Title change

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You can delete it and resubmit with a note in the short summary saying "previously approved - title change only." Make sure to include a regular short summary describing the article and come back once it's approved to delete your note to the editors. THat way, it doesn't bother Ed so much because he knows he doesn't need to reread the submission.
CharlotteAndrews

I didn't realize I could do that in the short summary. Thank you Celeste! I'll change it tonight!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Just make sure to delete the original article and then remove the note in the summary once the new one has been approved.
CharlotteAndrews

Just resubmitted it. Thank you again Celeste. I'll be watching for it to get approved to I can delete that note from the short summary. I'm so grateful for the advice.