Constant Content's location

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

VeronicaM

Constant Content's location

Post by VeronicaM »

Where is Constant Content located? Is it located in Canada, or does it have multiple locations?
jadedragon

Re: Constant Content's location

Post by jadedragon »

I think CC mainly lives in cyberspace and welcomes writers from around the world unlike some other famous sites. If you had to snail mail CC it would go to lovely Victoria BC (where I'll also be visiting this week). Everything happens in USD though.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

According to the mother site at revenuewire.com/contact, the big company has offices in Victoria, BC and Federal Way, WA. Constant Content seems to be entirely Canadian. We have a glorious mix of sensibilities around here from across the globe.

The important thing to remember is that payments are occasionally delayed for a day because of Canadian holidays. Other than that, where you are and where C-C is makes little difference (except maybe time zone-wise).

BTW, there's a photo of David Kool on the RevenueWire About page. He really is a real live breathing human out there in the world! (Well, I thought it was a fun bit of information.)
HGW

Post by HGW »

Regarding Constant Content's location (Canada vs USA), are we allowed to use Canadian spelling or should we use USA spelling (i.e. favour vs favor, colour vs color)? Your feedback is appreciated. :)
VeronicaM

Post by VeronicaM »

Constant Content accepts articles that are written in British, Canadian and American English. I know because I asked support this questions last week.
HGW

Post by HGW »

Veronica: Thanx!
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Just a quick note on the languages: whenever you write an article, choose one form of English, ie British, US, or Canadian, and make sure you consistently stick to that form throughout the article. For example, if you choose British English, you will write: My favourite foods are apples, oranges, and capsicums, so my favourite colours are red, orange, and green. If you choose US English, the same sentence reads: My favorite foods are apples, oranges and peppers, so my favorite colors are red, orange and green. NEVER would you write: My favorite foods are apples, oranges, and capsicums, so my favourite colours are red, orange and green. :D

(Of course, none of the above sentences is right for CC anyway, as the sentences are all in first person point of view, but I am sure you get the idea!)

Consistency is the key.

Another idea: I am from Australia, so I was taught UK grammar and spelling at school. I have one client on CC who lives in New Zealand and wants articles for an Australian and New Zealander audience, so I use UK grammar and spelling for those articles. For public requests, unless specified otherwise, and articles that I think will sell in a US market, I write using the US spelling and grammar. This seems to increase my sales.

Kind regards,

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I agree with Haley about writing for a US market if you can. It's simply bigger (and I think most CC clients are in the US), thus more potential sales. Plus, I have several Canadian clients who prefer US spellings because they're targeting the US market as well.
LMartin

Post by LMartin »

Thanks for your posts Hayley, I'm new here and that has really helped clarify some of the questions I had about spelling, as I am in the UK.

P.s We call them peppers, not capsicums (what a hilarious word) in the Uk too! :D