does the three strikes rule still apply...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cosmo

does the three strikes rule still apply...

Post by cosmo »

The first two works I've submitted were approved without a hitch, but then the third one was rejected twice. I'm afraid of submitting another one. Will I be suspended if another article I write gets denied?
Celeste Stewart

Re: does the three strikes rule still apply...

Post by Celeste Stewart »

How severe are the errors? The rule is fairly subjective. If the second rejection was for something minor like a typo or misplaced comma that's easily corrected, I'd make the change, double check everything, and wouldn't sweat it too much. On the other hand, if the rejection was for severe issues with grammar, clarity, and organization, I'd take my time on the article, going over everything word by word, sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph.
cosmo

Post by cosmo »

Hi Celeste

I thought I went over it, but apparently some of the errors still got through my proofreading. The second feedback from CC stated that the errors on the first try was still uncorrected. Mostly tense shift. I think I'll just type another article and let this one go, I'm pretty paranoid now. Thanks for the reply.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Cosmo,

If you'd like fresh eyes, I'd be happy to take a look. Copy and paste your article into a message on my profile page: DM Gutierrez.