Issues With Submitting

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CieleEdward

Issues With Submitting

Post by CieleEdward »

I submitted an article earlier today, but was sent an email that I didn't attach the file. That was odd, since I remember attaching the file, but I'm assuming it was my computer. I resubmitted the article, and it wouldn't go through because of a duplicate title (I am assuming from my earlier article). I tweaked the title and resubmitted it and it was kicked back for being duplicate content. Now what do I do? I know the duplicate content flag was from the previous article that didn't have an attached file.

It's frustrating because, now if that article needs revision for any reason, I won't have the opportunity to do it since its already been kicked back twice for reasons not in any way related to my grammar, spelling, etc. I'm not sure what to do now to make sure that this article goes through without tripping the plagiarism checker.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Issues With Submitting

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If you go to My Content, you should be able to see if your old submissions are still there. If they were rejected, they should be gone, but you can doublecheck to be sure. It's possible that the duplicate title is because another article on the site has the same title. As far as the duplicate content goes, that's odd. I don't think that the plagiarism checker checks content against articles stuck in submission limbo. Rather it compares the content to stuff already live on the Web. Is it possible that some of the content is duplicated elsewhere?
CieleEdward

Post by CieleEdward »

Anything's possible, but its 100% my own, just like everything else I write. Just for good measure I ran the article through Copyscape with no matching results.

Edit: This just keeps getting stranger and stranger. I looked under "My Content" and the original article that was rejected for not having a file attached is still there. There is no record whatsoever of the second article that tripped the plagiarism checker.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

I wonder if your first rejection notice was just a mistake. When you checked in My Content, did the article have the file attached and was the status listed as Review? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. (And that would explain why your second attempt was bounced back - because it checked the content against the first sub.)
CieleEdward

Post by CieleEdward »

Antonia wrote:I wonder if your first rejection notice was just a mistake. When you checked in My Content, did the article have the file attached and was the status listed as Review? If so, I wouldn't worry about it. (And that would explain why your second attempt was bounced back - because it checked the content against the first sub.)
I can't see if the file is attached or not, but its still showing up as being in the queue for review.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Click on the "Edit" link for your article in review. Then scroll all the way down the page and you should see if there is an article attached or not (under the column called "Files").
CieleEdward

Post by CieleEdward »

Well, that was certainly a trip to the Twilight Zone. My article went through with no problem. I guess that initial rejection notice really was an error. I hope this doesn't happen often...