Share Your Milestone Marker!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Elizabeth Ann West

Share Your Milestone Marker!

Post by Elizabeth Ann West »

In an effort to keep up encouragement, for those of us who have been here for 2 months or 2 years, let's start sharing and celebrating those milestones. A milestone can be a number of licenses sold, articles accepted, money earned in a single month, or anything that isn't just a goal, but evidence your goals are working.

My recent milestone was reaching 100 articles submitted. And I'm 21 licenses from reaching the 100 licenses sold mark.

This milestone makes me look forward to reaching 150 article submitted.
Sharion

Re: Share Your Milestone Marker!

Post by Sharion »

I actually became an "expert" in a category. However, considering the low number of articles listed under the other "experts" I'm not sure what benefit there is :)
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

I hit a dozen licenses sold today! I started a new full-time job this week (I love freelancing, but this opportunity came out of the blue from a regular client (non-CC) and the steady paycheck and benefits were hard to turn down). During a pretty hectic day today I got an email from CC telling me an article sold. It just made me smile.

My goal is to keep writing while working. Specifically, I am going to try to submit at least 3 articles a week. That should get me to 100 articles submitted (and hopefully accepted!) by the end of the summer.
jak

Post by jak »

I just sold seven articles, one at a time, to the same customer for the same public request. That's a record for me, so I reckon it's a milestone marker.
eek

Post by eek »

Yay! I just submitted my 300th article. On to the next 100!
Congrats to all celebrating your milestones.
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Well, it took me a year but I finally had my 100th article accepted here at CC :) I've been doing a lot of outside work (editing dissertations, writing press releases, etc.) so have been a bit slow on my CC progress. But I made it, yay! Let's hope it doesn't take a whole year to have another 100 approved :)
Elizabeth Ann West

I just checked how I'm doing, and I have 91 licenses (use, unique, and full rights) and 110 articles uploaded. I hope to have 100 licenses total before October 31, 2010. :)
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Congrats, Debbi and Elizabeth! :D

~Sherry
SMCarson

Post by SMCarson »

This is so encouraging! Too see the number of articles listed compared to the number of licenses sold is proof that articles really do sell! I sold my first article this week so I guess that's my first milestone :D I've only been here for a few weeks, so here's to many many more!!
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Mine was making over five hundred dollars my first full month on CC. When I figured up the average pay for that month (based on the time it took me to actually write the articles), I made fifty-six dollars an hour.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

It's a goal of mine to sell at least one article a day for a full month.

OK, you guys can stop rolling on the floor laughing now, ROFL.

Has anybody done this? Perhaps I should lower my sights to February... Only 28 days...
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The problem with the phrasing of your goal, Evelyn, is that it relies on someone else to take action (customers need to find and buy your content every day). Of course, I know you're taking action behind the scenes to make that happen. Just recommending a few actions that you can take (if you haven't already).

There are 22 business days in September. So, that's 22 sales. What's your current sales ratio? Let's say it's 50%. Translated into an actionable goal, your new goal would be to write 44 articles in September or two per day. Take the action and know that you're on track to meet your goal.
Elizabeth Ann West

::calculating her sales ratio to figure out how many articles to write to make get 9 more licenses::

Good insight, Celeste. I'm still struggling, every time I think I have a handle on life and can make writing more of a priority, the bottom drops out. Is it horrible I am counting down the days until Catelynn can go to pre-school 2 days a week?
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Elizabeth Ann West wrote: Is it horrible I am counting down the days until Catelynn can go to pre-school 2 days a week?
No it's not horrible. Ironically, once they're in school full time the time constraints will be about the same. You'l have to get up at o' dark-thirty to get them out the door, wash clothes and breakfast dishes while they're gone, pick them up (from school or the bus stop), and then help them with their homework (which is a law in some states now). Write when you can, as often as you can. Just don't ever get satellite internet.
Gouldm80

Post by Gouldm80 »

LOL@"o'dark-thirty"
These forums are a constant source of entertainment for me. Thanks for the laugh, Barry. :)