question about using bullets

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CRDonovan

question about using bullets

Post by CRDonovan »

Not feeling violent, just trying to create a list. I know I've used bullets before in at least one article, but I'm having two difficulties. When I try to Select All to copy and paste into the long summary, the bullets disappear. I cannot include them in the highlighted selection. This makes me wonder whether they reappear in the attached document that I'm uploading.

Also, I seem to recall that I spaced my bulleted points with one space in between each point. Is that correct, or are we supposed to double space between bulleted points?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
LaLa

Re: question about using bullets

Post by LaLa »

Are you using Word? I ask, because I had a similar problem when I was using Open Office and GoogleDocs. Now that I'm using Word again, problem solved...almost. When I post in the summary, I still have to manually correct the spacing between the bullet and the text.

As for spacing, I'm not sure that it matters. I generally don't space between bullet points, but do space in a numbered list. I don't recall seeing a rule here about this, but I could be wrong.
CRDonovan

Re: question about using bullets

Post by CRDonovan »

Hi Lala, thanks for your response. Well, part of my problem is that I'm on my (newish) computer - a MacBook. So I'm able to save my document in Word, but this seems to be problematic. When I had my old Windows based computer, I don't recall that I had this bullet issue. I don't remember ever having to manually correct spacing in the summary before, but perhaps I did.

That said, I love my new computer. Totally worth these minor hiccups.

Anyway, thank you for your help.