just a few questions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ubtng

just a few questions

Post by ubtng »

Hi, I'm new to the site, and I really like what I see thus far.

I did have a few concerns, however, after comparing some of the requested content to the article submission guidelines. I've seen several clients requesting that things like a short bio of the author and/or a first-person perspective be included as part of the articles they want. The submission guidelines state that first-person articles, bylines, and bios lead to your article being pretty much instantly rejected. Is there any consideration given to articles such as these if the client specifically requests things that the editorial staff does not allow?

I'm also a bit concerned about some of the deadlines that clients create for their requested content; sometimes they only allow a few days. Given that it takes a very reasonable 3-5 days for an article to be reviewed, on average, what happens if we write a brand-new article to comply with a client's request, only to have it miss the client's deadline thanks to it having to be reviewed? Can the client still accept the article?

Thanks in advance. ^_^
Celeste Stewart

Re: just a few questions

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Requested articles can vary from the guidelines if the customer requests it. I'll usually add a short line such as "first person by customer request" in the short summary to alert the editors.

Also, CC reviews requested content much faster than non-requested content - often in the same day you submit it. Remember, everyone else is subject to the same deadlines and review times, so if a request has a 2-day limit and no requests are reviewed before the request expires, then everyone has missed out for the time being. That said, I believ that the submitted articles remain attached to the original request and the original requester will be notified upon acceptance even if the request has expired.