early days review times

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

michaelsmoker

early days review times

Post by michaelsmoker »

My first-ever C-C article was in response to an open customer request. It was approved by the editors within 15 minutes of submission and is now waiting for the customer to say yea or nay.

My second article, posted about an hour later, showed 1 hit within minutes but is still under review about 18 hours later. I uploaded my third article just this morning.

To make a long story short, when a C-C author is new, how long does article review usually take?

Michael
Celeste Stewart

Re: early days review times

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Articles for customer requests (private and public) are generally reviewed faster than those that are not for a request mainly because a customer is waiting. All non-requested articles tend to go in the order received though I believe the editors have some leeway in managing their workloads. Expect about three days for general submissions. A little longer isn't unusual either. Good luck and welcome!
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

You could be the one hit. Even when review takes a few days it is way better than submitting to magazines and waiting months. Congrats on getting the first one accepted so quick - you are off to a good start!
michaelsmoker

Post by michaelsmoker »

Thank you for your replies.

My first general submission was rejected as "too editorial." I disagree, but decided to drop the matter and just publish the article on another writing site after reformatting it to meet the other site's requirements. My second general submission is about 1,100 words long and might take some time to review, but it contains some opinions based on personal experience (although it doesn't use first person or state that it is personal experience), so it will likely be rejected as well.

I am concerned about the three-strikes rule but have been told by a veteran writer from here that the rule is not applied to those who generally write well and just have trouble adjusting to C-C's style requirements. If I'm wrong about that then my account on here may be short-lived.

Michael
michaelsmoker

Post by michaelsmoker »

Update: my second article got approved. I've now written a third.

Michael