Hi! Newbie with questions here!

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jadedragon

Re: Hi! Newbie with questions here!

Post by jadedragon »

Our Editors don't actually edit. They are more like approvers.
You will find CC to be more professional and consistent that that other place. We have editors that stick around for one.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

StacyJordan wrote:Thank you Celeste. You are an inspiration! I was web-stalking you and being in awe. Also, you have the same first name as Stewart Copeland's daughter, so score. :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out how one person edited 10,000 authors. And I will forever use "with which." I can't help it, I'm a fiend like that.
Even more amazing - Celeste Stewart is just one of her pen names. Celeste has done a great job of building a reputation as a web author.

Stacy - please email me through my blog (linked through the world at the right).
StacyJordan

Post by StacyJordan »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Maybe I AM Stewart Copeland's daughter. . . There's also a basketball player with the same name. I must really annoy those other Celestes when they google themselves.
If you are Stewart Copeland's daughter, you are 12 years old, in which case I'm even more impressed with your output!!

(Nope...not a slavish Police fan at all...)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

That would mean I started CC at age 6. Impressive indeed!
StacyJordan

Post by StacyJordan »

You're the web-savviest first grader of ALL TIME EVER!!!!! :)
StacyJordan

Post by StacyJordan »

ARGHH!! So now one of my articles, the one that had the most views, has had a status of "waiting" all day. It appears this means the client put it in their cart and then didn't check out, so now nobody else can see it for five days. Am I right about this? :(
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Waiting status means payment is in process. This was something that Justin Richards (CC owner?) clarified to me a few months back when I expressed my concern to him about articles in waiting status. The buyer has checked out and most likely paid with an eCheck.

Edited to add: Also, putting an article in a cart doesn't make it disappear from the pool. It is still available to other buyers.
StacyJordan

Post by StacyJordan »

Ahhh very good! Thank you so much, everybody, you've been really helpful and I appreciate it a lot! :D
StacyJordan

Post by StacyJordan »

Yay! Finally! I'm at 10 articles approved and I sold one for $30. Uploading 10 more tonight plus writing one for a public request. I've submitted three for requests so far, two in the last two days. Wish me luck!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

That's great Stacy! Sounds like your off to a rolling start! Good luck! :D
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Don't sweat it if the public requests don't sell right away. Sometimes the requester waits to buy and if the topic is even a little general it will sell eventually to someone. You can treat the public requests as assignments to complete - a great way to build your portfolio.

We expect great things from you. You are 10 articles ahead of 90% of the people who sign up here (most write zip).