Titles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

valeriejayne

Titles

Post by valeriejayne »

Do we write our own titles, or does c.c. provide titles that they want articles written to?
Thankyou
jadedragon

Re: Titles

Post by jadedragon »

You write your own titles. There is no auto generated stupid titles to pick from here.

Further you can't duplicate a title already for sale here. Occasionally public requesters will suggest a title but again, you need to make your title unique.
valeriejayne

Post by valeriejayne »

OK..So is there a way to make sure my title doesn't mimic another?
michaelsmoker

Post by michaelsmoker »

Use the search function on the CC site to look for similar or identical titles--and topics.

On a related issue, I don't suppose I need to tell you that Copyscape is a good investment. Sometimes a writer inadvertently uses the same phrases as another writer did elsewhere on the web, even though she's totally unaware of that other article. The editors use a plagiarism checker and tend to disable the accounts of writers whose articles fail the check. There seems to be no appeal process for such a decision.

Michael
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

If your title is the same as another on the site, the submission won't upload - it automatically throws you an error saying "title already registered." CC uses the title as part of how it saves the document, I think.
valeriejayne

Post by valeriejayne »

Thankyou for your help. It is truly appreciated.
Valerie