can something be done about the spam?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

michaelsmoker

can something be done about the spam?

Post by michaelsmoker »

We've had a LOT of spam advertising in the forum lately. Can something be done about it? It wastes my time to click on an updated thread and see, for example, an advertisement for Chinese jewellery instead of a relevant post.

Michael
Evelyn

Re: can something be done about the spam?

Post by Evelyn »

Thanks for noticing the spam, Michael. :) There are several moderators who eradicate spam on sight, but even ninja warriors need sleep or a day off.

While it's irritating to click through the updated thread emails and find your hopes dashed, be patient with us. This is one of the cleanest forums I've ever seen. There's been a recent uptick in spam both on this forum and in the general electronic world, but I guess everyone has to make a living, right?

You could always volunteer to help out. Celeste has been faithfully scrubbing out the spam for years and though she has several assistants, she's still on the front lines every day. Perhaps there's room for one more infantryman.

Evelyn
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

And Celeste did take an actual weekend with no Internet (camping on the beach - nice!) this weekend and had to take the entire day off today for other not-so-fun reasons.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

You were missed and are appreciated. No explanation needed, my friend. Usually by the time I get online you've already cleaned house--not that I get around to work any too early, though. I'll start checking at 3 a.m. when I usually retire, maybe catch some of those bad guys.