Can't Login

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

karrie1908

Can't Login

Post by karrie1908 »

I keep trying to log in and get a message that my email address is not registered. Does anyone know why this is happening? I was never banned and had numerous articles approved for sale. I am confused.
jadedragon

Re: Can't Login

Post by jadedragon »

Are you logging in as a buyer rather than as an author? If that is not the problem contact support by email. They don't hang out here anymore.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I often type in my info and then hit enter instead of clicking the author log in...I usually end up doing this a couple of times before realizing my mistake! :oops: Perhaps a seperate log in section for authors and customers would be an idea????
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

You're probably going to think I'm an a**hole for asking, but these types of problems are something I have experience with...

Is your Caps Lock on by chance? (This happens more than you'd think)

Do any of they keys on your keyboard stick, or are harder to press than the others? (My wife, for instance, can go through a keyboard a month when she's writing her books.)

The most common on CC is hitting the customer log in button as Jadedragon and Aprilk10 said.

If none of these are what's happening, you have a few options. When you try to log in click the "Forgot Your Password?" link then the first login fails. If not that, click the "Contact Us" link in the upper right corner of the page, and explain your problem with them.
karrie1908

Post by karrie1908 »

I have tried everything. I have emailed support twice and not yet gotten a response, I have requested a new password, which was sent but does not work. I guess I am at supports mercy.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Karrie, I just had a look at your author page...looks like everything is in order there. I did notice that you have 17 articles, but see that you joined in 2009. Has it been awhile since you logged in and submitted at CC? Did your email address or other info change maybe? Hope you hear from support soon!
karrie1908

Post by karrie1908 »

Thanks April, I published one or two articles since Christmas. I finally heard back from support and they reset my password and it worked. Not sure what happened, but I am just glad to be back. I have a few articles in the works for the next week!

Thank you for your suggestions.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'm guessing it has to do with the site update that's taking place right now. Looks like they're switching to a new login process. I can't login either right now.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

aprilk10 wrote:I often type in my info and then hit enter instead of clicking the author log in...I usually end up doing this a couple of times before realizing my mistake! :oops: Perhaps a seperate log in section for authors and customers would be an idea????

Maybe they are taking this suggestion! :lol: :wink: I doubt it would happen that way...but what a coincidence! I am anxious to see what changes occur!
Constant

Post by Constant »

aprilk10 wrote:I often type in my info and then hit enter instead of clicking the author log in...I usually end up doing this a couple of times before realizing my mistake! :oops: Perhaps a seperate log in section for authors and customers would be an idea????
We recognized this was a problem. I actually have both an author and customer account myself so I've personally run into this.

With today's update we introduced the universal login system which automatically detects if you're an author or a customer, so it's now safe to hit enter when logging in! :) If you happen to have both an author and a customer account the system will ask you which one you want to access.

I hope this system will work well for you guys.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Afraid I can't login either and I only have an author account. I'll give it a day before emailing support in case you're still working out snags and this will fix itself in the end. Guess I can wait to upload this little old article :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

J.A., have you tried using your email address rather than your screen name to sign in? That's what I had to do. If you have more than one email addresses, you may have to figure out by trial and error which one is the one on file with CC.
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

If your login problems were happening with Explorer, the tech folks have fixed the bug. And yes, you do need to use your email address to log in now. Not bad on the glitches so far... Good job, guys!
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Ah! Celeste, you are a gem! That did the trick. Thanks for the help.