Two questions about writing for customers’ requests

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

chrissponias

Two questions about writing for customers’ requests

Post by chrissponias »

Hi!

I’m selling my articles at CC without writing for customers’ requests. However, I saw yesterday an interesting request. I wanted to accept it, but then I thought that many authors will certainly accept it like me, and if my article won’t be selected it will remain for sale among many other articles about the same subject, written by many other authors.

I didn’t like this idea. So, I would like to ask about the competition we usually face when we accept customers’ requests, and about what usually happens with all the articles about the same subject that remain for sale because only one of them is sold.

Thank you!
Antonia

Re: Two questions about writing for customers’ requests

Post by Antonia »

Hi Chris,

In my experience, articles that I write for public requests eventually sell to someone else even if the original requester doesn't pick them up. Also, even if the buyer says they only want one, they often buy more (or come back a few weeks later needing more).

Since you've been having good luck selling your on spec articles, why not give the request a go? You have nothing to lose, and the more channels of potential sales you can develop at CC, the better.
chrissponias

Post by chrissponias »

Thank you, Antonia!

Yesterday I saw many articles from different authors about a hospice when I was checking the health category to see what other authors were writing about. I understood that all these articles about a hospice were probably the result of a customer request.

This is why I thought that when we don’t sell our article to the customer who requested it, it will remain at CC, while competing with many other articles about the same subject, and with a similar title. This means that it’s harder to sell the articles that remain because the customer didn’t pick them up, since these articles are about specific topics (and usually topics not in demand…) while there are many similar articles for sale at CC, since many other authors write for the same request.

Do we find too much competition when we accept customers’ requests? How many authors usually accept the same request?

Another question: I saw that the customer who requested the article I intend to write is waiting for submissions until the end of March. So, does this mean that I’ll have to wait until the end of the month to see if I’ll sell my article? Or can the customer decide to pick up an article he/she likes, without waiting for more submissions, even before the deadline?

Thank you!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

The client who requested the article about hospice care placed the request two or three weeks ago. I submitted to the request at that time, but the client selected another article. The same client returned at the end of last week and placed another request for an article on hospice care. I promptly resubmitted the same article and the client purchased it the same day! One of the current requests states that the client is looking to purchase 2 articles. However, he/she has already purchased 3 articles I have submitted to the request and a couple from other authors.

I have found that clients will often return for articles similar to their original request and will often purchase more articles than they say they need. Also, if one client needs an article on a particular topic, chances are someone else will as well (unless it is highly specific)! If that client doesn't buy it, someone else probably will later.

As far as when to submit, it varies. Some clients will wait until they have received all possible submissions before making a selection and others will purchase right away. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on the purchase rating to determine how many articles the client purchases. For example, if the client has a purchase rating of 20 when they place an order, keep an eye on it. If it raises, that means the client has likely purchased an article for that request. Also keep an eye on the recently sold list.
chrissponias

Post by chrissponias »

Thank you, April!

I’m going to write this article in the end.

Your explanations were very helpful!
travisbaker

Post by travisbaker »

If we write same topics for selling, first should be consider which is best one, which article has enhanced and superior content, which one is loyal content. So customers determined many things. That is depend your content quality............. :D