Hi Everyone :) Question about Submission for a Request

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kaybretoner

Hi Everyone :) Question about Submission for a Request

Post by kaybretoner »

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie, so I'm hoping someone will help!
If an author submits an existing article to a public request, is the article taken out of the pool that can be viewed, or is it still viewable by other prospective buyers?

Thanks very much!
nichewriter

Re: Hi Everyone :) Question about Submission for a Request

Post by nichewriter »

The article is still viewable by other prospective buyers.
kaybretoner

Post by kaybretoner »

TYVM niche :)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Actually, it's not viewable for three days. Even if it's an existing the article, the moment you attach it to a request, it disappears from public view for a three day exclusion period. To work around this, you could copy and paste the link to the article.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Celeste Stewart wrote:Actually, it's not viewable for three days. Even if it's an existing the article, the moment you attach it to a request, it disappears from public view for a three day exclusion period. To work around this, you could copy and paste the link to the article.
Hmm, that is odd. I submitted an existing article to one request (it hasn't been 3 days since) by attaching it to a request and it's viewable. Since I had several existing articles on the topic, I listed their URLs in the message.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Hmm, that is odd. I submitted an existing article to one request (it hasn't been 3 days since) by attaching it to a request and it's viewable. Since I had several existing articles on the topic, I listed their URLs in the message.
I am guessing this is because you put the URLs in the text of the message (providing links) rather than the submission box at the top. I submitted a couple of existing articles to a request yesterday and they currently do not show on my profile.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

I actually did both. I used the submission box at the top to attach one of the articles, and then in the note, I added links to the other articles. The article I linked to in the submission box didn't disappear from the pool. Perhaps it was a fluke? :?
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I just submitted some existing articles to a public request. I can still view them from my content page, but they disappear from my profile page. At least the latest 2 do...I haven't looked through to see about the others.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Whether it's a fluke or not, I'm a happy girl. I sold all 5 articles! Yay! :D
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Woo-hooo...wait...how do you spell that? Anyway, congrats! Would be great if all 4 I submitted are purchased. I am doubtful though. The client has a 0 purchase rating. Since I already had them though...well, hope they go through!