Puzzled about rejection

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

shermanb46

Puzzled about rejection

Post by shermanb46 »

Hi, I'm confused about some jargon on a rejection notice - not allowed," markups embedded in text." What does this mean? The title of the article is "Teaching Phoneme Awareness to Young Children Leads to Reading Success. Hope you can help me!

bsherman46
CRDonovan

Re: Puzzled about rejection

Post by CRDonovan »

I see your question is getting a lot of hits - just want to say, I don't know what that means, and probably you're not getting replies because people don't know what the answer is. I'd google it, maybe pose the question again, and try to get it answered before submitting again.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, that's one of those phrases that appears to assume we know what whoever said it is talking about.

Maybe a hyperlink (not allowed)? Maybe bold text formatting (allowed so probably not)? Maybe a funky character is appearing on the reviewer's end? I have no clue. You might try resubmitting with a note that you don't understand the editorial suggestion and to please clarify. Unfortunately the editors don't seem to come to the forums anymore :(
shermanb46

Post by shermanb46 »

Thank you CR and Celeste for replying to my question. I think I'll try googling the term. If I don't come up with an answer, I'II resubmit and write a note to ed. asking for further information. I had forgotten that you can write a note to the ed. on a submission form. Thanks again. It's great having experienced writers like you to send us newbies in the right direction.

shermanb46