How Strict is CC Concerning Rejections?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ChristinaGregoire

How Strict is CC Concerning Rejections?

Post by ChristinaGregoire »

Hi, I'm Christina Gregoire and I'm a noob. It took me a week to figure out how to get on this forum. Somehow, there was a technical glitch because whenever I tried to log in I got a message stating that I could not log in until I had one article that passed the editorial review. Hey, I did have one article that passed the review...so it was a Catch 22....but I am just so glad I finally got on the forums.

Because I could not get on the forum to ask questions, I have had an article (maybe two articles) rejected. One article was just taken off and it didn't show as a rejection on the list. So, my question is: how strict are the editors about the three-rejections-and-you're-out rule?
MelodyJCompere

Re: How Strict is CC Concerning Rejections?

Post by MelodyJCompere »

I have that question too.
I've seen different answers in the forum.
I've heard the editors are more understanding about some things, but are more strict with blatant grammar and punctuation issues i.e. "your" vs. "you're"
CRDonovan

Re: How Strict is CC Concerning Rejections?

Post by CRDonovan »

It used to be that Ed the Editor was a regular on the forum and answered many of our questions. That was extremely helpful. Now we have to discuss amongst ourselves and interpret. ; )
As for the three strike rule, that is, technically, the rule. However, my impression is that if you demonstrate an ability to construct a reasonable sentence, a willingness to carefully proofread your work before submitting it, and a familiarity with the writers' guidelines, they'll work with you. It seems as if they are forgiving of the occasional minor error, as long as a writer's work is generally acceptable. That said, I think it's smart to take a cautious approach when starting out here. Submit one article at a time, and wait to see if it's accepted before submitting the next. If it's rejected, remember that the editors won't blueline all errors - they'll point out one or two, perhaps note something to watch out for, and then it's up to you to go back over it carefully.
BTW - it's not just new writers who feel anxious about articles. I think we all do. Keeps us on our toes though.