Going From A Mistake or Two To Suspension

Area for content rejection questions.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

buckeyes09

Going From A Mistake or Two To Suspension

Post by buckeyes09 »

At the end of last month, when CC was regularly reviewing my work, I may have had a mistake or two on my articles, but nothing egregious. Then, the "We don't consider content with grammar errors or articles that have not been adequately proofread for very basic errors" rejections started coming in. A few days ago, with having around 13 resubmissions (some in review for over a week) and a few more submissions, my queue was purged so I could correct those mistakes. After resubmitting a few articles yesterday, today I have a suspended account.

Did they make guidelines stronger during the past two weeks? All of the articles reviewed today were from resubmissions weeks ago, that were corrected, and now give some cryptic message about mistakes. If an editor or someone working with CC could chime in as to why all of my articles now seemingly have egregious mistakes, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
CRDonovan

Re: Going From A Mistake or Two To Suspension

Post by CRDonovan »

Buckeyes, unfortunately, once your account has been suspended, you cannot submit again to CC. I think that your mistake was submitting too much, too fast. If you were getting rejections with the notices that you mentioned, you should have painstakingly reviewed each article, then have resubmitted only one article to see if it would be accepted - to make sure your work was passing muster. Truly, there is a three strikes out rule, so after just three rejections, CC could have suspended you.

I know advice after the fact doesn't seem to help much, but there are other writing sites out there. We can all relate to wanting to earn income, quickly. But try to assess the next site, read samples of accepted work, read any guidelines, and find your feet before submitting multiple articles. Good luck.