Public request deadline today

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MelodyJCompere

Public request deadline today

Post by MelodyJCompere »

Hi everyone-

I had a question concerning public request deadlines.

I submitted an article for a public request several days ago and the deadline is today. I know the editors are busy, but I still haven't heard back if the article was accepted. Has this happened to anyone else? Could I be out of luck on this submission? How many days out should a writer allow for to submit an article for a public request and be assured that it will be edited/reviewed?

Thanks in advance
Tianna

Re: Public request deadline today

Post by Tianna »

If the article isn't reviewed and accepted by the time the request runs out than there is nothing you can do. :( At least you can still list it and hope it sells. It seems that the editors are taking forever to review submissions, so I can't really suggest how far in advance you need to submit an article to make sure it meets the deadline. Sorry I can't be of more help.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

If you submit before the deadline it will still go to the requester even if reviewed after the stated deadline. At least that appears to be the way the site works.
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Hope so, Jadedragon - I've had one sitting there for 8 days now. It's very frustrating - the public request is long closed. It does seem much longer than usual - in the past my submissions to public requests have been reviewed within 24 hours ....
KinsleyRoyale

Post by KinsleyRoyale »

That is one reason I rarely do those. Also, someone usually gets in before me.

The person may come back and look for more on the same theme later so you may get lucky.