Just submitted my first article

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

judebarton

Just submitted my first article

Post by judebarton »

Well, I took a deep breath and submitted my first article. It was a restaurant review. I do not know what to expect. I mainly wanted to just get my feet wet and see if the process was user friendly and to find out what the routine was going to be like. I am wondering how long it will take to get a response from an editor?
Jaye

Re: Just submitted my first article

Post by Jaye »

Review times have been a little longer than usual lately (see note on author's account page). As a new (to CC) author you could be looking at a week or two of waiting - so don't get too stressed if you hear nothing right away - you'll see from other threads in the forum that plenty of other writers are worried about the long review times too. Just carry on writing and perfecting further articles to be ready to submit when/if you get your article accepted. Good luck!
judebarton

Re: Just submitted my first article

Post by judebarton »

Thank you Jaye. It has been reviewed and rejected already!

I believe I fixed everything and sent the revised article back with the changes. I seriously have issues with commas. I finally bit the bullet and got out my Everyday Writer by Andrea Lunsford and reviewed the rules. I have made a cheat sheet for myself to keep next to my computer as this is not the only site where I get dinged for commas.

I don't feel too discouraged as the corrections didn't involve anything that was like bad grammar or poor sentence structure. There were no comments on the content or style either.

I have seen other comments about the difficulty of having articles accepted on CC from other off-site writer forums. I am hopeful that I can be successful here.