modifications after acceptance

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

carpenjoyce

modifications after acceptance

Post by carpenjoyce »

Is it permissible to modify an article after it has been accepted? I have done minor edits that the editors missed, and this seems to be fine. But what if I want to modify the scope or tone of an article? Should I delete it and resubmit? What about changing the price or terms on an article?
Celeste Stewart

Re: modifications after acceptance

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes, if you need to modify the article itself, you will need to delete it and resubmit. Put a short note in the short summary saying "Previously approved. Corrected typo in third paragraph" or something similar so the reviewer won't have to put as much time and effort into reviewing it. Also note that you will delete the note once approved (and then go in and do so by finding your article and clicking the Edit link). Otherwise the reviewer might reject it because of the note. By reassuring him that you'll delete it, it's usually okay.

You can change the price or license type after acceptance by clicking the Edit link, making the change, and saving it. You don't need to delete or resubmit in this case.
carpenjoyce

Post by carpenjoyce »

Thanks for the info. One more question: What about changing only keywords?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

You can change those by clicking Edit as well.