Submission to another company

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Hannah047

Submission to another company

Post by Hannah047 »

Hi,
I had the impression that when submitting an article for a public request that unless the article was horrible, the author is paid on it. I was shocked that after finally submitting my article evidently, the requester did not accept mine.

What is the rule regarding submitting that same article elsewhere?

It took me a couple of months to get everything right here. I am so very disappointed. I started writing another one. But without even a close guarantee of some sort of payment, I do not know what to do.

Please somebody advise me??!

Thanks,
Hannah
nichewriter

Re: Submission to another company

Post by nichewriter »

Not sure where you got the impression that submitting an article to a public request guarantees payment, but that is not the case. Public requests are open to all writers and the buyer decides which article to purchase or how many to purchase. When you submit an article for a public request and it is approved by a CC editor, it goes straight to the buyer who requested it and he has 3 days to decide whether or not to purchase your article. If he decides not to purchase your article (and instead purchase another writer's work), your article becomes available in the public pool and other buyers may buy it.

If you want to submit that article elsewhere, you can delete it from your articles list on CC or just offer it for usage rights here (if you plan on selling it elsewhere for usage rights also).

~Sherry
Hannah047 wrote:Hi,
I had the impression that when submitting an article for a public request that unless the article was horrible, the author is paid on it. I was shocked that after finally submitting my article evidently, the requester did not accept mine.

What is the rule regarding submitting that same article elsewhere?

It took me a couple of months to get everything right here. I am so very disappointed. I started writing another one. But without even a close guarantee of some sort of payment, I do not know what to do.

Please somebody advise me??!

Thanks,
Hannah
Hannah047

Post by Hannah047 »

Thank you Sherry,
The reason I thought so, is because I applied for a job here.... I didn't submit my article randomly to anybody that would buy it.
Other companies pay for every single article...not a lot - like $9.00, but they pay.
I still like CC.

Thanks again, Sherry.
Hannah
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Keep writing and submitting - you will earn a lot more than $9 an article here and statistics show 70%+ of submitted articles do sell.

Think of Constant Content as a showcase or market for your work where buyers can come and buy from you. A Public Request is just an expression of interest in buying an article(s) on a topic.
Hannah047

Post by Hannah047 »

Thanks. I really appreciate your message. I was thinking of throwing in the towel....sort of...I am just so discouraged. Sure, it was a public request, but a public request to this company, Constant Content.

I just recently wrote an article on a request that expired. I was told that they do sell, and to go ahead and submit it. I know there is no guarantee.

Gosh, I read your message at the right time. Thank you so much.
Hannah
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

The number one reason fail at Constant Content is they quit. If you write well, the articles sell. If you don't write there is nothing to sell. Don't quit!
Hannah047

Post by Hannah047 »

Thanks again!! You're so sweet.