General Comments, Rejected Articles and Compatibility Issues

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

CCC

General Comments, Rejected Articles and Compatibility Issues

Post by CCC »

Hello Everyone

I'm relatively new here (registered, but unpublished) and still trying to find my way through the overwhelming amount of information we are supposed to know. Unfortunately 'first time lucky/published' does not apply to me. The system suspended me, refused to review certain articles with the subject matter of e.g. "Online Advertiding" as appropriate, relevant and useful. This artcile had been reviewed, accepted and viewed and then rejected? Thereafter, it was all downhill. Media and business relayted artciles were not seen as useful receiving more general commentaries such as the rejection quotes / statements we get when signing up. I am eager to succeed here and will do what is necessary. The commentaries are a bit vague and lack specifics. This might mean more time trying to find my way in the dark to adjust articles. I'd also like a response or better yet suggestions for an online or software download link for article checking that would be compatible. Extra cosyts are not welcomed at thuis stage, but it appears that one program approve while the other disapproves. What do we do in a case like this especially when no specifics are given?

I'm interested to know why Constant Content does not have an online editor like other sites?

I'd like to make this work. Any support or assistance will do?

I'm looking forward to the interaction despite the rocky start.

Thanks for reading.

CC
:(
jadedragon

Re: General Comments, Rejected Articles and Compatibility Issues

Post by jadedragon »

If you are suspended, you are done at CC. Sorry.
Online checkers, while potentially useful, are not all you need. Writers here are required to be able to self edit.
I see a few obvious spelling errors in the above post. Not typos but spelling errors. While forum posts are not expected to be error free the obvious (to me) errors may indicate the writer may not be ready for the CC level of writing yet. Good luck.
CCC

Post by CCC »

Thank you for the reply.

I must admit that I was hasty to post the question because I frantically needed the support. I would agree that there are definitely obvious errors in the written text. They are mostly (BlackBerry) typing errors. This is perhaps not that obvious. Constant Content is very convincing in their invitation extended to writers across the world. The English Language and style may differ from region to region or country to country and so forth. It takes time to adjust, but it is not impossible to do so. If the standard was not universal, the CC invitation would not have been extended.

My concern is not that an article has been rejected because it does not meet requirements, but that 'one grammatical error' is cause for rejecting the writer and suspending the member account. Any writer will know that there is a galley proofing process that may include a rewrite, editing, proof reading, corrections (guided by the editor's comments) and re-submitting of the copy for publication. This process is repeated until technical requirements have been met. My article rejections appeared to happen too hastily and without the opportunity to review the specific errors, make corrections and so forth and then resubmit the ammended article.

I still need a response to the language and author tools compatibility issue. If there really isn't anything that a writer can do, then contacting CC and disabling my CC account appears to be the only options available. It seems to be a bit unfair, but what can you do?

Disappointed 1st time user
:( :oops:
PS. Posted with a BB
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I'm just another writer here. Are you sure they suspended your account?