Review Times Again?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

DavidLewis

Review Times Again?

Post by DavidLewis »

I sort of feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I've sincerely tried to get some kind of communication on wait times for articles. I'm trying to be patient, but I am stuck at 3 articles in the queue, it's been 3 days since my first submission, and I can't seem to get a simple email answered. Just wondering if I can get some kind of feedback from someone at CC? I haven't been able to reach anyone through live chat (for some reason it's missing in the author's area), on the phone, or via email. It's a bit frustrating. Help?

Thanks,
David
jak

Re: Review Times Again?

Post by jak »

Three days is not a long time to wait, David. I'm waiting to hear about one I submitted on Monday and it doesn't worry me. The editors will get to it eventually. It all depends on how long the queue is. And submissions for private, public and pool requests will get priority. You just have to be patient. Carry on writing so you will have your own queue of articles to submit when you can.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I've come to figure on about a week for approval.

Think about it... We give up 35% of our article price in exchange for high quality editing and personal review of every article we turn in. That's reasonable, but I wouldn't want to pay a higher percentage. CC has two full-time editors for ALL of the writers here. Hiring more would mean charging us more, too.

There's a truism in business that says, "Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick two." No business can consistently provide all three.
DavidLewis

Post by DavidLewis »

OK. This makes sense. If they have two editors, then I can understand that it'll take a while. If I know it's going to be about a week, that helps. I just don't like being left in the dark, and it was unclear exactly how long the process takes. If the "official" word is 2-3 days, and it takes a week, I might start to wonder if there is a glitch in the system or something else is wrong. If I know it's a week, then it'll seem normal to wait that long before approvals.

Thanks,
David