Two Vital questions re content and private offers

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

gsguess

Two Vital questions re content and private offers

Post by gsguess »

Actually I need some information about how people do the word counts. I didn't see anything about it on the submission site area. I'm really new at this although I wrote hundreds of articles for Associated Content years ago. Where do we actually post our entire articles on site? And is there a word count in that area?

Question #2: I saw a request for an article and have written one on Word, but I was confused as to these public requests. How does one respond to a public request for content? I have truly looked over the site and cannot find out the answers to these questions. Thanks for your help for a newbie to this.
Lor

Re: Two Vital questions re content and private offers

Post by Lor »

Hi gsguess
Your word program should give you the total word count. I use Open Office and it gives me the count, so it may depend on what word program you use. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Where to post article? Hit the submit article button on your dashboard, and simply fill in the blanks. Save said article in your own doc file and then upload it to CC via the submit page. It's saved as a downloaded file on the edit page. The submit article page offers a step-by-step for each blank to be filled in.

You'll find info on requests in the Help section. This URL leads to the section about requests under Request System.
http://www.constant-content.com/help/re ... m_authors/
gsguess

Post by gsguess »

I appreciate the quick response to my rather bumbling question. I solved the question #1 but still have some confusion regarding requested content. The guidelines for content instruct that opinion and editorializing articles are forbidden. WOW. That's a killer for someone like me who write blogs on political issues.
That being said, I found a request regarding dangerous foods that's still open for the next week or longer. I could write this article in 30 minutes right now, but before I go to the trouble I don't want to jeopardize my membership here, as this is going to be one of my major sources of income in the next year and years! The quandry is that this requester specifically Requests very "sensationalist" writing, "expose" sort of stuff. How does one submit a new article to this request without violating the guidelines of CC? Thanks for your help for a newbie to CC.
Lor

Post by Lor »

"Sensationalist" doesn't have to be based on opinion. The way I see that request is that he wants to be wowed or shocked. A topic like dangerous foods shouldn't be too hard to find something shocking in the research. Do a Google news search and you'll find lots of shocking tidbits. I think the requester just wants something super-interesting to wow his readers.
gsguess

Post by gsguess »

Thanks for that response. I'll do the article tomorrow after work and review it myself afterwards, then go through the process. This will take some getting used to all the rules and the system payment and submission steps, but once over the learning of how things work, It should get easier and easier. The forum is really responsive and VERY PATIENT. I really appreciate that.