About HubPages

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jellygator

About HubPages

Post by jellygator »

Has anyone here used HubPages and linked to their content here? Did it ever cause you a problem?
jadedragon

Re: About HubPages

Post by jadedragon »

Hubpages is a good site to write for to earn Adsense revenue. Infobarrel is better (higher share of revenue), better management support etc. On these sites you can link out, within the site rules.

But what are you planning to link to at Constant Content?
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I *was* writing for HubPages, and using the link to the author page that showcases my articles. They determined that linking to the page selling the content of articles/Hubs I've written is "unrelated" to the Hub and therefore, constitutes a violation of terms. I will no longer be using the site. I'm furious about the whole ordeal.

The link I used simply had my name. Below it, I had a statement that read, "Browse and purchase Kathy Batesel's for-sale articles by clicking the link above." When clicked, it took readers to this page:

http://www.constant-content.com/Author/ ... ails-0.htm

Their Terms of Use says you can't use HubPages "strictly for building backlinks," which must be the reason the deemed it a violation. (I used that link on all 15 of the hubs I'd posted there.)
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

Interesting. I guess they did not think your link was within the site rules. I think that would be OK in a Infobarrel signature - but not in the article body.