My gripe about article submissions

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mary Stone

My gripe about article submissions

Post by Mary Stone »

Maybe nobody cares but I need to vent somewhere.

What is up with the article approvals? Why is it that 4 of the articles I submitted are still waiting to be approved? I submitted them before the jewelry public request went live. Now 3 of them are still waiting and there are jewelry articles available for sale already.

:arrow: Any one else notice this?

Does CC have a different approval method for the authors who have been here longer? I assumed when I saw typos in some of these older authors articles that they must, but now I'm almost positive of it.

:arrow: Anyone else want to gripe?
Ed

Post by Ed »

One of the computers that I most commonly work at has trouble opening txt files, so I must skip over these. I apologize, but I do not have an alternative right now, and sometimes I cannot get to the approval area in the evening.

If you are able, you can remove those articles and resubmit in doc or rtf format, which will allow me to open the files and check them no matter what computer I'm working on. Otherwise, the articles will not be able to be checked until the weekend, unless one of the other editors gets into the approval area.

Ed
Mary Stone

Post by Mary Stone »

Ed,

Thank you so much for your reply..that makes perfect sense. i'm just glad someone heard my voice.

I didn't mean to get the other authors in an uproar over the newbie here, but I had to point it out. (No harm was meant to any author on the board)

So each time I submit an article I have been saving it as a text file on purpose. Should I be doing this in doc or rtf all the time? I was under the impression that text files were always the best format in which to submit.

I guess I'll read those submission guidelines one more time.

Here are the links for those of you who don't know where to find them.

Writer Guidelines
http://www.constant-content.com/?area=writerguidelines

Tips for submitting content
http://www.constant-content.com/?area=tips

Frequently asked writer questions
http://www.constant-content.com/?area=t ... =authorfaq

Thanks again Ed, for the fast answer to my question/gripe.

Mary
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't know about anyone else, but personally I prefer doc or rtf format over txt because they open with the correct format immediately. Of course, authors must use whatever formats they have available, and txt is pretty universal.

You may also upload more than one version of the document if you wish.

Thanks for your understanding,
Ed
kjwelcome

Post by kjwelcome »

Hi, Mary! If this helps you, I always upload my articles in both doc and txt format--that way, they can be opened in either format to be approved, and they are usually reviewed and approved pretty quickly. You can upload more than one format of an article in the Submit an Article page by clicking on "Add more fields" on the File line.

Hope that helps!

KJ
Mary Stone

Post by Mary Stone »

Thanks for the kind words and advice KJ... I was just looking into doing that with the article I just submitted..

I hope that if nothing else, this thread helps someone in the future.

Mary
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I actually didn't know that txt files would cause a delay in acceptance, either. I'll be submitting my files a little differently from now on. Thanks for the tip!
Mary Stone

Post by Mary Stone »

Well I finally got my other 3 articles re-submitted. After an hour of trying to save as rtf and resubmitting, I don't care if I ever see the words, check your title, or check your usage price again! (also wanted to note that I can see where typos originate from if you have to resubmit an article)

I had originally planned on just waiting it out but I submitted an article I was working on today in rtf and it was accepted within an hour. So that really made me re-think my plan.

Now I wished I would have just waited, but it's all over now...back to writing another one...finally :D

Mary
Ed

Post by Ed »

I went ahead and approved them because you had been kept waiting. Thanks for being conscientious.

Ed
Mary Stone

Post by Mary Stone »

Ed,

Thanks so much, I think it brought alot of attention to this matter and has been good for everyone especially newbies like me.

Mary