What Constitutes Creative Writing per CC

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

divajz

What Constitutes Creative Writing per CC

Post by divajz »

They rejected my fiction story because they don't accept fiction or memoirs or op/ed's........sure is limiting. So then why is there a "creative writing" submission category if they don't really except it. All the no first person stuff is also quite limiting. Maybe there are clients out there interested in personal experience........why doesn't CC give the clients a chance to say what they want and don't want. I do get that there is not as much need for this style writing, but it's what I do best. i was quite pleased with myself when I was able to do some boring "info' type articles which is what everyone seems to want. I did 4 piece for Textbrokers and was pleased that apparently i can do what I thought I couldn't, but it's not much fun. What says ya'll? :?
mnicol22

Re: What Constitutes Creative Writing per CC

Post by mnicol22 »

The "Creative Writing" category refers to the process of writing itself. Think of topics like "How to write your memoirs" or "How to Come Up with 10 Short Poems in Less Than a Minute" (Just saying- I don't know if that's even possible!). C-C does not accept fiction etc, probably because they are targeting a different market. I can't really tell. The reason why they don't accept first person accounts is explained in the Writers' Guidelines and I think it makes sense, but then it's just my opinion. If a customer wants a 1st person POV article, he can put up a public request specifying that.

"Info" type articles, as you put it, don't really have to be boring. I was under the same impression too when I first started writing here, but I now see that the more I write, the more relaxed and natural my writing style becomes. Just pick topics that you find ineresting, research them, enjoy learning about them, and then write! That makes the whole process a lot more fun. :wink:
divajz

Re: What Constitutes Creative Writing per CC

Post by divajz »

Yes, key is finding things you enjoy, then research and write. I actually wrote 4 articles for another site using this method. I didn't particularly enjoy them, but I was pleased that I wrote them well enough to be paid for them..........so I will just diversify and work with a few sites..........surely there is a market somewhere for the memoirs, humor and fiction I like to write...........thanks for your thoughts......... :wink: