Any concerns or complaints you'd like me to pass along...?`

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

WritingNerdy

Any concerns or complaints you'd like me to pass along...?`

Post by WritingNerdy »

Here's the latest update:

With yet another e-mail return neghter email nor telephone (as they specified in an earlier post), and wihout the heart to report then to the BBB, as that would hurt us writings as well, I found the name of their parent company in Canada. RevenueMedia, and called them about CC. They are supposed to contact me in the morning, with nothing else but to put me through to CC themselves. I know this looks bad for CC, but I don't care at this moment. I business should not promise something and then never deliver, while ignoring your customer service compiants the entire time.

Update: [The matter has since been resolved and would like to state for the record that this post does NOT represent my writing ability; instead, it's a sign of how inept I can be when composing my thoughts while upset! :3]
Last edited by WritingNerdy on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Celeste Stewart

Re: Any concerns or complaints you'd like me to pass along...?`

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I know it's frustrating that it took a little over a day for a human to get back to you, but from your other messages it sounds like CC has contacted you and the matter has been resolved.
Constant

Post by Constant »

I believe this has all been sorted out now. It can take us a day to respond to emails, especially if they're submitted on weekends or holidays.

Just a note, but we generally won't discuss the specifics of a writer's account on the forums because that could be a serious breach of their privacy. We're always happy to help out with private account matters if you send us an email.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I just hope you use better spelling/grammar in your articles than you did in your opening post. It is literally unreadable.
SamuelRichards

Post by SamuelRichards »

That could be a good reason as to why your articles were rejected, WritingNerdy, with no reason. There were simply too many grammatical errors to point out just one. They may have assumed you'd take the hint and start from scratch.

I won't delete that, but i'm sorry. It was a bit uncalled for. However, it's a bit annoying seeing your same complaint in multiple threads in the forum. Spamming yourself won't get you any more noticed by the Moderators than one polite complaint will.

I hope you have everything resolved soon, one way or the other. Best wishes,

S.R.
WritingNerdy

Post by WritingNerdy »

My post is in no way an indication of my writing ability. I was a tad frantic when I composed the OP, hence the errors. I do not make those kind of errors in my articles, although I can understand from my post how a person might jump to that conclusion. I can only hope that my future posts will not be met with as much as hostility as this post garnered. I will admit that I do not take the time to proofread forum posts, as I like to consider my time spend on forums as a "break" from writing and am lucky in that the majority of my posts don't require editing.

I appreciate the staff at CC taking the time to review my case and reverse their decision. The editors here really are a class act.

Thanks again to those of you who responded kindly. It was not one of my proudest moments, and I appreciate that some of you did not judge me for that.

@SamuelRichards: I've never had an article rejected for significant errors related to my usage of grammar. One of my articles was rejected because of formatting issues, while my second rejection resulted from the incorrect capitalization of a single word (I accidentally wrote "Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor" instead of "Ear, Nose and Throat doctor" - oops).
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Hello WritingNerdy,

It's great that your issue was finally resolved. Such instances are unfortunate and can cause a lot of frustration.

However, I don't think that any of your posts were met with hostility. If anything, I felt that your reaction was somewhat aggressive, and a tad offensive to the very site you were trying to get back on. I can understand the fact that some people assumed that your articles were rejected for grammatical errors since we don't really know you or your writing abilities. Sure, nobody edits posts the way articles get proofed, but still, it's the only "image" we have of each other here. Keep in mind that this forum is mostly crowded by fellow writers who had no way of knowing or resolving your problem.

I know how frustrating it is to have to wait a while to get an answer -my first submitted articles stood in line for over 10 days to be reviewed and I went postal! However, when you find out that these processes are manually handled by human beings, you realize that they might just be too busy at the moment. It doesn't mean that they ignore you or that they don't want to help you.

I'm not trying to criticize you or anything of the sort. My point is that you could use this forum in a much more constructive way. Anyway, good luck with your writing career. :)
WritingNerdy

Post by WritingNerdy »

Hey mnicol,

I suppose that I take criticism a bit too personally. I just don't like it when people make generalizations about my abilities based on a post I made while upset. However, you are right, and I will keep that in mind while participating in the forums. Thanks for the feedback. :)