questions about writing long articles/series of articles

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JohnSerrano

questions about writing long articles/series of articles

Post by JohnSerrano »

Hi,

Sorry, I don't know if this thread is appropriate here but I'm just wondering if someone could suggest a similar website. Constant Content is fine, I'm just looking for a website that allows longer articles or at least series of articles. Oh, and please don't suggest blogging or any sort of passive income revenue sharing website. I'm looking for another article vendor that lets you sell your articles in the same way here.

The reason I'm asking is because I want to write this article about the history of punk rock music, but I don't think I can fit it in 2000 words. I'm not sure if I can even fit it into 10,000 words to be honest. I was thinking of just writing a series of 2000 word articles here, but then I found in the Guidelines that series of articles are not allowed. Also, I'm not sure if I can even fit each part of the article into 2000 words either. I guess I could try. But what if I put a definite beginning and end to each article (an introduction and conclusion)? The article will probably have similar titles like: "The History of Punk Rock: 1970s, " The History of Punk Rock: 1980s", but I suppose I can give them different titles like "The Birth of Punk Rock" and then "Hardcore Punk: The Revival of Punk Rock" respectively. Would that work?

Anyway, I rather just put the whole thing into one long article, or at least a series of articles that are actually connected, on another website, if possible. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
topquark

Re: questions about writing long articles/series of articles

Post by topquark »

Have you considered writing it as an ebook and selling it on Amazon?
JohnSerrano

Post by JohnSerrano »

topquark wrote:Have you considered writing it as an ebook and selling it on Amazon?
hm, sounds like an interesting option, but I've never done that before. never even written an ebook before. I guess I could give it a try. How do I go about doing that? is it the same as selling anything else? I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.
SJHillman

Post by SJHillman »

I haven't actually done it, but B&N and Amazon make it pretty easy to sell your ebooks through them (especially to people with Nook/Kindle devices).

PubIt! - Barnes and Noble - FAQ page: http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=support

Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) - Amazon - https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishing/signin