Quantity Question

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jellygator

Quantity Question

Post by jellygator »

Can someone please tell me how to interpret requests like this:

Title: Racecars
Quantity: 4
Length: 600 words
Price: $40-50

Does this mean the requester will receive four 600-word articles for a total of $40 or $50, or that he will pay that amount per article, and wants a total of four articles with a total cost of $160 to $200?
jak

Re: Quantity Question

Post by jak »

The amount is always per article. This requester is looking for 4 different articles which s/he may buy from one author or select those submitted from different ones.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

So if it's in the writer pools, how does it work? Can 4 people claim the same job?
Lynnemac

Post by Lynnemac »

My understanding is that only 1 person can claim a writer pool request, even if it for multiple articles. If the request can be split between multiple writers, it will be broken down into seperate requests. I've seen some requests listed as part 1 of 5, for example.

Cheers,
Lynne
KatieT

Post by KatieT »

I accepted a similar pool request, so I have a follow-up to the original question. How exactly do you submit multiple articles to a pool request? If the customer indicates that they want them on a regular basis, do you include a note with the first one that you're available for more? I have one ready to submit. Once it's approved and I click "Complete," does the pool request disappear? Would I then submit the additional articles to the general pool and tell the customer where to find them?

Sorry if these are silly questions, but it's a good opportunity and I just want to get it right! Thanks all!
Lynnemac

Post by Lynnemac »

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that writers pool requests that are for multiple articles remain live until the quota is filled. I usually submit articles one by one (just in case one gets sent back for review) and just attach them to the relevant request each time.

Once the article is submitted, you could drop a note to the customer through the messaging facility saying you have submitted the article and are available for more in the future, if they like the first one.

I hope this answers your questions.

Kind regards,
Lynne
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

That's a very helpful answer! Thank you, Lynne!
KatieT

Post by KatieT »

I agree, thanks Lynne!

I've had two articles approved for the pool request and the deadline hasn't passed yet, so we'll see if the customer wants them. One thing I did not do was click the Completed button, but I did send a message to the customer, like you suggested, to let them know I planned to submit more. The writer pool process can be a bit confusing...thanks again.
KatieP

Post by KatieP »

I've been working on this over the last 3 months. They give more 10$ per post of Article.

content writing jobs