Average Review Times

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ZacP

Average Review Times

Post by ZacP »

Hello all,

I've been perusing the forums for two months now and just submitted my first article Monday. I am curious, what is the average review time? Is article length a factor? And does editor familiarity reduce review time?

Thanks for any assistance you can give, and please excuse me for any odd formatting, this was posted on my phone.
evaku

Re: Average Review Times

Post by evaku »

Hey Zac,

I find that my review times vary considerably. On average I'd say 2 days, but once in a while I'll encounter a period where my articles are accepted 6-12 hours after submission. Still other times I've had it take 5-7 days (though this is rare).

If you submitted something on Monday I'd be surprised if you have to wait much longer. I don't THINK editor familiarity reduces review times, but I don't know all about how it works!
ZacP

Post by ZacP »

Thanks Evaku. Day five now. I am hesitant to submit more articles as I want to ensure I have the format down. I hope this is not what I can expect if I choose to go forward with Constant Content, which I am seriously interested in doing. Five days for a 300 word article seems excessive to me. Has anyone else had issue this week with review times?
evaku

Post by evaku »

Hmm, I'm surprised that you're still waiting for a review, but you never really know what is going on. Maybe your article is in the queue of an editor who has some time off or... I'm not really sure! I have had articles accepted out of order before, for example waiting 5 days for something that was submitted before an article which was accepted after only a few hours.

I would just say that I think CC is worth your patience at this time.If I was you I would definitely submit a few more. If your first article comes back rejected for a format issues you can easily fix up any other submissions by reattaching a different file before they are reviewed. Also, if you submit a few more and they get accepted (or rejected, but at the very least, reviewed) then you could send off a quick email to make sure that your first article didn't get lost somewhere! Don't wait around for that first one. If you feel that you've got it down then go ahead and submit some more. I hope it works out for you!

Review times vary, but like I said you shouldn't expect this on a consistent basis going forward. Stick with it for a while!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I started earlier this week and promptly submitted three articles. Two of the three were rejected with one error each. I resubmitted and both were accepted. In all, it took three days to have them all edited for the first time, and only one day extra for the resubmitted pieces. Hope this helps.