About the public request section...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Jonathan

About the public request section...

Post by Jonathan »

I just started here earlier this week and I'm still learning the ropes. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the (purchase rating) on the public request section is. The answer is probably right in front of my face, but I can't seem to find it. Also, is it possible to tell how many articles have been submitted to the request?

Thank you.

Jonathan Howard
Word Gypsy

Re: About the public request section...

Post by Word Gypsy »

Hi Jonathan,

The purchase rating is the number of articles that the customer has purchased previously on the site. Currently, there isn't a way to tell how many articles have been submitted to the request. Sometimes, customers will purchase more articles than they request. It's still worthwhile to write for the request if it is a popular topic.

Good luck and welcome to CC,
Word Gypsy
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thank you very much! This information is very helpful!
JessicaClaire

Post by JessicaClaire »

Hi there, I'm new here too (so forgive me if I should be creating a new thread instead of asking here...?)

I'm just wondering how close to the listed word count for a public request we need to be? For example, if the "length of article" says 300 words, is 328 or 285 acceptable? I'm sure it may be different for each person requesting an article, I'm just hoping for a basic rule of thumb (like, "give or take 5 words, or 10, etc.")

Also, regarding keywords & keyword density: is it safe to assume that if there were specific expectations they would be listed within the request's description?

Thanks very much!
maryaz

Post by maryaz »

Hi Jessica! In my experience, it's preferable to go slightly over the word count rather than be under it. 328 would be fine, but I'd add another sentence if your word count is at 285, to use your example.

You will see some requests with keyword information. If it's not mentioned in the description, I wouldn't worry about it too much! Hope this helps!
JessicaClaire

Post by JessicaClaire »

Perfect! Thanks so much for your quick response; exactly the info I wanted! I'm getting ready to submit my first CC article & it's for a public request, so a little overwhelming but may as well try to hit the ground running, eh?

Cheers!