'My projects' help

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Isabelnewth

'My projects' help

Post by Isabelnewth »

I got an email from the Ed asking me to submit to something which is meant to be on something called 'My Projects'.

I have never seen, and can't find 'My Projects'. :cry:

Is this something the Eds needs to activate? and if so any idea how I can persuade them to do so? I have emailed, so I suppose that's all I can do, but could someone tell me if it's something I am just not seeing, though it's been there all the time? :?

Cheers.
cathleengarvey

Re: 'My projects' help

Post by cathleengarvey »

Hi!

Was this for the 'Ongoing Articles Project'?
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Yes, a series of requests from Skyrocket for an ongoing project.

I did an article but was unable to submit it I think because My Projects isn't visible to me...

Any idea?
Cheers.
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Yeah that confused me too, as far as I know the 'My Projects' section is not accessible from the main dashboard.

Did you claim the article for yourself? You must claim it first so no one else will work on it.

To get to the articles and the project details just follow the link that ed gave in the email, or check your inbox for messages from skyrocket they all contain the link. If you can't find it I can PM it to you.

If you have already claimed it, submit the article as you usually would, but when you select the drop down box that asks you 'is this for a request?' click writer pool request. Another drop down box will appear, and if you claimed the article correctly then the title will appear in this second drop down box.

Submit as usual, then after it has been accepted go back to the project details and find the article that you have just finished, it will be the first after the project description, click 'complete' it will ask you if your sure, click yes and you're done!!

Any problems let me know =)
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Cathleen, that's extremely kind, thanks very much indeed!

I just checked the link and there are an awful lot of new ones listed just now, so I am trying to stop myself swiping too many as this is the first time I haven't just been writing on spec here!

All the best.