How and why articles remain on "latest content added" page?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

AteoAltruist

How and why articles remain on "latest content added" page?

Post by AteoAltruist »

I watch the latest content added list as much as the recently sold. How are articles chosen for this page? I'm assuming they *are* chosen, but perhaps I'm mistaken. I see little rhyme or reason to indicate why they appear, and how they slide up or down the list. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Ps... After a month I finally sold a couple articles, and didn't have to totally give them away to do so. Yay for me! (Yes, I know, lightning. I'm waiting for the 3rd strike.)
evaku

Re: How and why articles remain on "latest content added" pa

Post by evaku »

Yup the articles that appear on that page are chosen. I guess it's whatever is popular at the moment, which is pretty much always business and technology and such. I would never expect my articles on buddhism, shamanism, or mysticism to show up there haha. One time I wrote two articles on tablet apps and one on laptop maintenance, and they showed up in latest added content so that was neat! They all sold eventually so that was nice, but not before they had all long since slid off the page, and not significantly faster than most of my articles. I'm sure it's a nice boost to have your articles appear on there often but I'm not sad that my obscure topics don't make it.

They slide down the page as newer ones are added. (to answer your question)

Good job on the sales! Hopefully you see one of your articles under latest added content one day, but if you topics just aren't chosen for it then you really don't need to worry about it!
AteoAltruist

Re: How and why articles remain on "latest content added" pa

Post by AteoAltruist »

I see, I see. One of the two sales were there, which is perhaps why it sold. The other was a request. I like obscure topics too, but have been trying to focus on techie or business related stuff so that I can get an injection of confidence and hopefully a little money through more quick sales. That must be why a couple of mine showed up. You confirmed my hunch!

Thank you.