Immigration topic

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

kimnsoph

Immigration topic

Post by kimnsoph »

Hello,

I have just written an article about how to immigrate to the US through marriage. I wanted to know whether this is a topic that might attract any interest from customers. I did some research on immigration issues on CC just to see how popular it is, but I came up with some that dealt with illegal immigration. Mine is about how to navigate through all the legal channels, step by step. I would know, as I've done it myself! Any suggestions? Also, if I post an article and no one wants to buy it after a certain amount of time, can I remove it from CC?

Thanks,

Sophie :)
Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

I don't know how interesting the topic will be to potential buyers, but it can't hurt to try :)

And yes - you can remove your article if it doesn't sell after a certain amount of time. You can pull the article whenever you want, actually. I would give it a few months, though, as you never really know who will come along in the future in search of exactly what you've already written and uploaded.

You can also edit articles to reduce prices if you feel that your current prices are discouraging would-be buyers.
NicWrites

Post by NicWrites »

I would agree with the you never know when something would sell! I've only been here a couple of months, but today I sold several articles from my first week on the site! I was thinking those wouldn't sell.
Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

I just sold an article that's been sitting around for...um...months. I don't know exactly how long, but I *think* that I might have written it shortly after I moved back home from college (a year ago). :)
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Everything sells...eventually...& virtually no topics are off limits. I've written about Chinese footbinding, Russian nesting dolls, kangaroos, love bracelets, sundials, wine, rabbits and ancient Greece--6 out of 8 of these sold within a day or two. The other two sat around but were eventually picked up. Personally, I think that if you are interested in a topic, you infuse that interest into the article. Half the reason I am so addicted to CC is because I get to make the most of researching anything under the sun. It's great fun. I think I know a heck of a lot more about an amazing range of subject matter than I did before I started here. Anyway--write for the requests, but write about what interests you too! JA :D
Sarah81

Post by Sarah81 »

J. A. Young wrote:Anyway--write for the requests, but write about what interests you too! JA :D
Yeah. I tend to stick to what interests me. If a request doesn't spark my interest...eh...I leave it for another writer to pick up :)

Otherwise, this wouldn't be enjoyable any more. It would be like writing those infernal English Literature papers that I hate so much (even though I'm an English major - heh).

:)